Thursday, July 15, 2010

And we're back!!!

Well--- I haven't sat down to write on my blog in a while! Maybe some of you gave up on me! I hope not! I am trying to get back in the swing of things but the summertime is a really hard time to be a blogger! It's crazy here at work with camps and trips and of course the sunshine does not want me sitting in front of my computer. But I guess I will give you guys an update on what's been going on lately.

On father's day, Jacob's dad's house burnt down. It was a total loss of his house, car and boat...Needless to say since this day our worlds have been CRAZY, fast paced and stressful. The word overwhelmed is an understatement!
This has been a crazy process as we have begun picking up the pieces of his life. He had no car insurance, no house insurance and no boat insurance---The community really came together for Jacob's dad and it has been neat to see people reach out and offer a helping hand, either providing lunch for the people working over there or providing materials for the rebuild, people have been gracious and they have been the hands and feet of Jesus! It has been a neat and a very humbling process to watch and be a part of.

Also- I have been out of town some for work. We went to high school camp and we have elementary camp coming up around the corner. While I was gone this last time Jacob spent his evenings building this beautiful planter box for the front of our house. He redid our front door to match- I just don't have a picture of that. We finally got flowers put in the beautiful box he made me! And YES he is for hire!! :)

Our sweet puppies Mollee Kae and Luke have been great! They are just keeping up with our fast paced lives and loving every minute of it! Luke has gotten HUGE and he is so precious! Here is a quick update of his size! We love our dogs!!!
And finally since our honeymoon, Jacob and I got to take a trip together. For the 4th of July we went to Lake Texoma with some of our sweet friends Barri and Tyler. They have a FABULOUS lake house there and we got to spend the weekend on the water! It was very relaxing and super fun! Here is one picture that we got the night of the 4th. We had a blast!

And last but not least- We have spent lots of time with our sweet friends Nathan and Kayla Maxwell. They live a few blocks away from us and I truly believe that God has put them in our lives for a reason. They are a precious and genuine couple who share our morals and ideas! We truly enjoy hanging out with them and getting to know them better and better!
So that's our summer time so far! We have been running crazy and time is FLYING by us but we couldn't be more thankful for where we are in our lives right now. Work is great, our families are happy and healthy and we are so blessed!
I hope each of you have a great summer! I will try to be a better blogger from now on! 
 xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment