Sunday, November 20, 2011

Thinking Thankful

With Thanksgiving rushing up on us I am feeling very thankful for the things I've been blessed with this year...not just this year but in my life as a whole. I live a very blessed and abundant life. I thought it would be appropriate to join the rest of the bloggers in making a thankful post.
I obviously have missed the first 20 or so days in November so I thought I would list my "thankfuls" all at once!

1. First and foremost I am thankful for a relationship with a Lord who forgives, saves and is sovereign in all things!
2. I am thankful for my wonderful husband who loves me NO MATTER what, who supports me in all things, big and small and who encourages me to be a better wife, daughter and child of God everyday! I love you Jacob!
3. My dad and mom who have been my #1 fans since day 1-they love me through thick and thin and they are the most amazing parents a girl and her hubby could ask for!!
4. I know this is silly-But I am thankful for my dogs! They make me so happy and they are my "children" for this season of my life and I love everything about them.
5. I am thankful for my job. I have never in my life had such a wonderful job that I enjoy so much. I LOVE waking up everyday to be with my kiddos at school and I couldn't be happier with my work. I know it's cliche but the saying is soooo true---"if you love what you do, then you never have to work a day in your life." This is true! THANKFUL for my job!!
6. Thankful for our beautiful house that we've made into our home, and the cars that we drive!
7. I am so thankful for our church and all it's locations. I love the people who serve in our church, I love the leaders of our church, I love the worship and I our church family! I am so blessed by our church!
8. My small group!! For years I lead a small group of younger girls, but this has been the first year that Jacob and I have been in our own small group with people sharing life with us. This group of people is amazing, they love us, pray with us and invest in our lives! I love our small group!!!
9. Health-Jacob and I are both blessed with good health and that is better than gold. Thank you Lord for continued health.
10. I am thankful for my friends. I have true, close, genuine friends who love me and hold me accountable in every aspect of my life!
11. Hot showers- I know it's simple, but I am so thankful for a warm shower and clean running water.
12. I am thankful for small luxuries like Texas Tea, WaterStill and chips and hot sauce! Love my guilty pleasures.
13. The ability to run, I am so thankful for two strong legs! I love to run outside with the dogs and Jacob and I am so thankful for ability to do so whenever I please!
14. The Texas Longhorns! Love Longhorn Football! Hook 'em!
15. I am thankful for praise and worship and the ability it gives me to connect with sweet Jesus no matter where I'm at in my week or in my day, I can sing to the Lord and for a moment all is well in my soul.
16. Coffee!
17. Warm blankets on a cold morning.
18. I am thankful that my husband still takes time to date me! Dinners together, sweet notes and small reminders that his affections are for me!
19. For the men and women who serve our country each day without complaining, they fearlessly sacrifice holidays like Thanksgiving and Christmas and spend time away from their families so that we may be safe with ours. I am so thankful for these individuals.
20. Woodwick candles. Mmmmm!
21. I am thankful for my warm, comfy bed and our electric blanket!
22. For good conversation and sound advice that comes from my mom and dad.
23. I am SOOO thankful that my husband loves my parents and that my parent love my husband. There is true blessing this relationship.
24. Pinterest. I know, sad but true.
25. For all the teachers who spent time working with me and investing in my life. You are the reason I love what I do today!
26. I am thankful for Grace that gives me new hope for each day.
27. Extra Virgin Olive Oil---what would we do without it! I couldn't cook anything! :)
28. Family friends who love me like I am their own child (friend like Sherry, Beverly and Debbie!!) They love my mom and dad which is such a joy to see, but they also love Jacob and me and would be my second parents in a heartbeat!
29. Forgiveness
30. I am thankful for the wealth that I have in forms other then money. I have wealth in the things I've listed above and I am so thankful for that!

I hope each of you can make a list of things you are thankful for. I know 30 things doesn't even touch the things that I am thankful for, but it does the soul good to list out a few blessings.
Happy Thanksgiving week to you all!
God Bless!
-xoxox-

No comments:

Post a Comment