Monday, September 27, 2010

What's in a year??

I have taken a much needed rest from blogging... I could blame it on the sun (summertime) or I can blame it on not having enough time but the truth is I just haven't it in me to blog. We have had such a busy and eventful past couple of months, so I will try my best to catch you all up from what's been going on.

First and foremost--
A year ago from yesterday.......





Jacob and I just celebrated our ONE YEAR anniversary! It is crazy to me that a year has passed since our wedding day!! I remember that day like it was yesterday. I remember some of my thoughts and my feelings. I remember getting ready and walking down the aisle! It was such a wonderful day for both of us!! So much has happened since that fall day in September. I am so blessed by Jacob and I am so thankful that he is my husband! He makes me feel beautiful, smart and funny and there is no one I would rather come home to each day! We have really grown into our relationship and we have learned what makes each other tick! He knows how to do little things that make me happy and I know the little things that make him feel loved. It is really neat and I can't wait to see what our future holds. In summary- year one was a success! I LOVE being married to Jacob!


Next thing- We found out earlier this month that my grandmother (my mom's mom) has been diagnosed with cancer. It was shock when we heard the news and we have been praying like crazy since we found out! She has lung cancer and she also has tumors on her brain and in her hip. She was blessed to be able to go to MD Anderson right away and though we were praying that she could come home for treatment, it turns out the doctors are having her stay there for her treatment. My SWEET mom is keeping this little lady until my grandparents return. 
She has been a complete joy and my mom has fallen in love with her. Lucy came to stay with Jacob and I for a weekend while my parents went to Las Vegas with some high school friends (they all turned 50 this year..YIKES!!) (jk mom!!:))

Anyway- Lucy came to stay with us and she was a joy there too! It was a little stressful with all the dogs at our little three bedroom house.

Mollee Kae (our dog) had just had double eye surgery... We traveled to Dallas for the day- leaving at 1:15 IN THE MORNING- driving straight in and having surgery then driving straight home with no sleep! It was a crazy day but sweet girl went from looking really bad to much better! She is a trooper and she is doing great!


The next big adventure at the Reinbold house was that Luke, our black lab, mysteriously cut the pad of his paw. It was bleeding one night when I got home from work and I had to get ACE bandage and get it wrapped...that has been quite the ordeal as well. He has eaten every bandage we've put on his paw and the vet said there is nothing they can do. So we continue to wrap his helpless paw and poor thing acts like he can't walk on it. We will be thankful when our dogs are back to normal and healthy...(our pocketbooks will be equally as happy!)

Finally to wrap up our summer here a few random thoughts:

I have decided (for the moment) that I am going to take my blog to being public again...No, things are STILL not fixed as far as our family situation goes...But it's better than it was. We are all just remaining quiet and for now, I think that's the best thing. I also am doing it because I have had several people ask me to be a viewer of our blog and there is only a limited amount of space for readers, so I thought it would be better if we were public again- then those who wanted to read..could!

Secondly- I have accepted a full time position at Hillside Christian Church- I am no longer an interim but I am on for good! It has been a huge blessing for me and Jacob and we love this church so much! We have found a WONDERFUL small group that has been such a blessing to be a part of! Jacob can't attend this semester because of school but I love everyone in our group and the honesty is great! SO BLESSED....

Lastly--no we are no having a baby right now...BUT I did see a picture online of what I want our nursery to look like when we do get pregnant...Hopefully that will be sooner than later :)


Anyway- I will try to post more often! Hope you all had a wonderful summer!
-xoxoxo-

No comments:

Post a Comment