Thursday, May 5, 2011

Mother's Day

As Mother's Day is quickly approaching---This weekend, for those of you who forgot!--- I find myself being more thankful than ever for the mom I have.

Here at work I am working on getting things ready for Baby Dedication at the church. We are taking babies who have been born within the last year and we are dedicating them and their parent's to the Lord. It's such a humbling calling to be a mom and although I am not one myself (yet) I can't wait until the day when I get to hear our child say "momma!" It's been so neat to see and hear the new mom's brag on their babies. What a blessing it is to be around so many mommas who LOVE their kiddos no matter what!

God truly blessed my sister and I with amazing parents- Parents who were there for us from day one, cheering at every event we've ever had, supporting us in school, life, love, friendship and everything. I think sometimes we take our moms for granted! So Mom-------As Sunday draws near, I want you to know that you are so much more than just my mom. You gave me life, and brought me into this world (with the help of dad :) ha!) You taught me about my Jesus and how to love him and love others. You and dad taught me how to pray and how to work hard for the Lord and not for man. You have always built me up, and encouraged me in everything I've done. I can't imagine my life without you! You support Jacob and I in EVERYTHING we do, with school, work and our home. You support our marriage the children that we want to have! I know you will be amazing grandma and I can't wait to give you that gift...But for now though mom, you are my best friend and role model! Thank you for being MY mom! You are the best mom out there! Happy Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment