Monday, November 23, 2009

Thanksgiving Thoughts

Well since Jacob and I got married we have stumbled into this new "season" of our lives (as my mom would say) With change in my last name, my home, and my family comes a change in our tradition. I must admit I am excited and anxious to enter into this transition around the holidays! This year for Thanksgiving my mom and I are cooking Thanksgiving dinner for our family!!! I am sooo excited. For the past 20 years of my life we have spent Thanksgiving at my grandparents house- this year it was time for a much needed change! Since I am a wife now, I am looking forward to help prepare the meal for my husband and my family! I have never cooked or even helped cooked Thanksgiving dinner so this will be my first. I have a whole list of things that I am cooking to take to my moms...Things like broccoli cheese casserole, corn dip, pumpkin pie, layered salad and a few more yummy dishes to add to our table! I CAN'T WAIT.
Since I've been to the grocery store and I've started my prep work for Thursday I have had a lot of things on my heart and mind. I thought I would share just a few Thanksgiving thoughts. I am so Thankful for (first and foremost) my family. My husband and my parents are my very best friends! They know how to lift me up and encourage me each and every day! I am so thankful for this time in our lives where are growing closer and closer and doing new things together-I can't wait to see what our future holds. God has blessed Jacob and I beyond belief! He has given us this BEAUTIFUL home which I get to come to everyday. He has blessed us both with WONDERFUL jobs and great friends.
I am excited because Jacob and I are having a "thanksgiving party" at our house this year! Our friends that will be in town from school and of course the ones who already live here are coming over to celebrate the holiday season together, I look forward to seeing everyone! :)
of the holidays, cooking, parties, gifts, etc....but I am trying this year to slow down and enjoy the reason for the season. I pray all of you I hope that as this "season" in each of our lives passes that we don't loose sight of the things that matter the most- Faith, family and friends!! I know I get caught up in the hustle and bustlebloggers out there take a minute on Thursday and throughout the next few weeks to be thankful for the things that really matter!!! Happy eating to all of you! See ya at the gym next week! ;) (or maybe not!! Haha)
-xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment